The cho cellar

Monday, December 21, 2009

Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

This year has been a mixed one for me, from one angle if I see it, it has probably been the worst year of my life: lonely, hurt, vulnerable, meek and jobless. An attack, equal and ruthless in its intensity, on my emotions and prestige alike.

I believed this side of viewing, to be the only side for a long time which made things more difficult and led to nothing but further darkness, suffering and disillusionment.

Recently though, my dear Santa, I am beginning to see the year from the other side which had so far been hidden behind a veil of my own ignorance. This year, I am now sure; in posterity will be the defining year of my life. A year in which I was not afraid of taking on challenges despite already being under a seeming mountain, a year in which I swayed, but somehow managed to hold on to my morals and principles and did not let immediate gratification behold me. A year in which I reawakened to the love of God with an ardent hope of never falling thence.

I also thank thee for this year for it introduced me to people around me who I have hence far been blind to, but who have provided me immense and unselfish support and who will continue to mould my thoughts and emotions. I am convinced that God has a plan for me, of which I might yet be unaware, but which I still see myself walking on albeit slowly.

So Dear Santa, I have no more wishes to ask of you for I am already blessed. Take my wish and grant it as a bonus to the neediest, the most distressed and the most hopeless and awake them to what I have. Let this, and not that dreary place become crowded. Let the lights shine within and not without, so that the spirit does not fade out whence the weather does.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home